I received a sample of Clarin's new Instant Definition Mascara in the limited edition Stuttafords Glossybox. I've been using the mascara for just over a week now and am finally at a point where I can review the mascara.
What Clarins Claims:
A new generation mascara that nourishes and cares for the lashes.
- Repairs and reinforces: At the heart of Instant Definition Mascara’s formula is a unique complex based on mineral-rich brown and red algae. This complex helps protect, restructure and reinforce lashes.
- Ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested, this mascara is suitable for those with sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
- Intense volume: Lashes are gently lengthened and have spectacular volume.
- Perfect wear: The creamy texture leaves a very resistant film on lashes for an optimum wear that lasts all day.
- Intense colour: Available in 3 intense shades, Intense Black, Intense Brown, Intense Blue, are all highly concentrated in colour pigments to reveal an ultra-intense look
|2 Coats of Clarins Instant Definition Mascara|
I was quite intrigued by the design of the wand. The tip of the wand has rubber bristles and the rest of the wand has traditional bristles. In theory a person is suppose to use the traditional wand to apply the mascara to the lashes and then use the tip of the wand to separate and define each lash.
The traditional bristles work well at coating each lash with the mascara. The formula is relatively thick but nice and smooth. I personally did not need to use the tip of the wand to separate my lashes as they already were beautifully defined.
When using the rubber tip of the wand I found that it actually caused my lashes to stick together - not exactly what I'd hoped for. I think this is because a lot of formula collects on tip of the wand. I've played around with the wand but I have not found it to be all that useful or effective.
|What happens when I use the tip of the wand.|
The mascara lasts well throughout the day and washes off easily with some face wash and warm water.